The new Lego Ideas set, Bird, has officially been unveiled. With exactly five hundred and eighty pieces, it features three birds (a Blue Jay, Hummingbird with flower, and a Robin), extremely detailed, and carefully exposed upon three green plates with the interesting particularity of showing their names in Latin (Cyanocitta cristata,, Colibri Thalassinus and Erithacus Rubecul, respectively).
Despite not being my concept of Lego, I surely agree with those who say that the birds are very beautiful (the several color combination are surely amazing…) and with an awesome detail. The Hummingbird (the green one) has also a yellow flower next to it, on which it seems to be hovering.
The set will start retailing in January and will cost forty five dollars. Have a look at the official details and the gallery:
Put down your binoculars and get closer to nature with these intricate LEGO® models of well-known birds! Created by keen gardener and bird enthusiast Thomas Poulsom and selected by LEGO Ideas members, each replica bird hails from a different continent: the Robin from Europe; the Blue Jay from North America; and the Hummingbird from South America. These beautiful and detailed models come with their own presentation stands showing their scientific names, so that you can display your birds for all to enjoy or detach and play as you wish. This set also includes 3 booklets containing lots more information about each of these fascinating species as well as the creator of these amazing models.
- Features 3 models: a Blue Jay, Hummingbird with flower, and a Robin
- Includes a presentation stand for each bird featuring its Latin name
- Enjoy building and rebuilding these intricate models
- Display the birds using their specially designed stands
- Recreate the birds that received over 10,000 votes from LEGO® Ideas members
- Learn more about the species in the booklets provided
- Includes building instructions and information about the creator
- The perfect gift for fans of LEGO® bricks and birds alike
- Blue Jay stands over 7” (18cm) tall on its stand
- Hummingbird stands over 5” (15cm) tall on its stand
- Robin stands over 6” (17cm) tall on its stand