–Huge update! Lego has just unveiled, officially, the new Creator Expert set, Volkswagen Beetle that will be available for VIP members next July 14th and general public in August 1st. Please have a look, below, to the offcial press release, detailed pictures and designer video.–
The first images of the new creator expert set, the Volkswagen Beetle, have just been posted on Eurobricks, showing clearly all the details of this new awesome automobile icon. Unfortunately, Lego hasn’t authorized, generically, the publication of images, so I won’t put them now, but you can still see them right here.
The set box images show a great blue beetle with a yellow surf board on top. The roof can be easily detached for a better access to the cockpit features, and inside, the seats move forward/backwards. The engine, just like the original, is placed at the back and in the front, the small trunk carries an extra wheel.The new Beetle measures twenty nine centimeters long and features more than one thousand and hundred pieces. In terms of availability, it will hit stores in July with a price around the hundred and twenty dollars which seems fair for this masterpiece. Have a look at it right here.
Official Press release:
10252 Volkswagen Beetle
Ages 16+. 1,167 pieces.
US $99.99 – CA $129.99 – DE 89.99€ – UK £69.99 – DK 799.00 DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.
Head for the beach with the VW Beetle!
Celebrate the iconic VW Beetle with this awesome LEGO® Creator Expert reproduction. This detailed model comprises a number of special features and elements that help recreate the distinctive Beetle characteristics, including an azure-blue color scheme, curved fenders, flat windshield, VW logo, and an authentic 4-cylinder air-cooled engine and fuel tank. The accessible interior features beige-colored, forward-tilting seats, dashboard and steering wheel, and the roof-mounted surfboard and a cooler box can be removed. This model has been designed to provide a challenging and rewarding building experience with a touch of nostalgia.
• 1960s VW Beetle with surfer theme features an array of brick-built details including an azure-blue color scheme, curved fenders, white rims with distinctive hubcaps, round headlights, wing-mounted turn signals and opening hood, trunk and doors.
• Use the included stickers to choose 1 of 4 license plates.
• Remove the cooler box and surfboard from the roof rails.
• Tilt the rear seat forward to access the storage space with fabric beach towel.
• Lift the hood to access the spare tire and fuel tank.
• Open the trunk to reveal the authentic, 4-cylinder air-cooled engine.
• Open the doors or remove the roof section to access the detailed beige-colored interior with dashboard, steering wheel and tiltable front and back seats.
• Special elements include a round tile with printed VW logo, arched fender elements and an updated windshield design.
• VW Beetle including surfboard and cooler measures over 11” (15cm) high, 10” (29cm) long and 4” (12cm) wide.